Experienced Immigration Law Firm
U.S. Immigration, Naturalization, Visa & Consular Law


Hablamos Español

Frequently Asked Questions

Information and answers to your specific Immigration Law questions and needs are discussed during personal consultations.

Schedule a consultation or call us today 479.899.6299

Family Immigration Law

  • What are the eligible requirements for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)?
  • How can I renew my LPR car if I am living out of the country?
  • How can I petition for my family members or spouse to have legal status?
  • Can I become a Legal Permanent Resident because my spouse is a Citizen or Permanent Resident?
  • What does it mean and what are my obligations if I am asked to be Co-Sponsor for a person’s application?
  • Do I have to take my Citizenship exam in English and do I have to speak English to be citizen?
  • How do I notify Immigration Services of my new address?
  • Can I file taxes jointly with my spouse if they are here illegally?

Deportation Proceedings

  • What can I do for my relatives if they are here illegally and get arrested?
  • Why has my relative not been released from jail after posting bond for the criminal charges?
  • What is an Immigration Hold by ICE?
  • What happens if I choose Voluntary Departure and can I request a delay before leaving?
  • How can I stay here legally after being arrested and released on an Immigration Bond?

Employment / Business Immigration Law

  • How can I get an Employment Authorization card?
  • Will I get my Work Authorization card before the Permanent Resident card?
  • What visa options do I have for sponsoring foreign employees for my business?
  • How can I petition or sponsor employees for my business and what are my obligations?
  • What is required to satisfy an employment I-9 compliance audit?


If you wish to visit the U.S. temporarily or be granted entry for a very specific period of time, you will need a non-immigrant visa. Some common types are: student visas, business investor visas, or a travel visa.

Depending on your current immigration status or situation, there are many visas available to foreign nationals wishing to permanently immigrate to the U.S. such as: a fiancée visa, family visa, work visa, and more.

Permanent residency, obtained through a green card, allows a foreign national to live and work in the U.S. on a potentially indefinite basis. When a green card is first issued, it is often a temporary green card, valid for two years. After the first two years, providing you have not been convicted of any criminal activity and have maintained your eligibility status, you can apply for a permanent residence visa which is valid for ten years.

An adjustment of status is the process of changing your status from non-immigration to immigrant. If you arrived on a non-immigrant visa, this means you intended to stay temporarily and meant to return to your home country. If you apply for an adjustment of status and your application is approved, you will be issued a green card and given lawful permanent residence in the U.S.

If your visa has expired, the first thing you need to do is contact an attorney from our firm. We will consult with you, review your current status and situation, and help you to determine the best course of action to pursue. Time is of the essence when it comes to expired visa, so do not delay in contacting an immigration attorney at Ferguson Immigration Law.

If you receive a deportation order or notification, the first thing you should do is contact an immigration attorney at our firm, who will work closely with you to build your deportation defense. You should have an immigration attorney who understands and is skilled in all aspects of immigration law.

Ferguson Immigration Law © All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy

Site Created by KC Web Specialists, LLC