Experienced Immigration Law Firm
U.S. Immigration, Naturalization, Visa & Consular Law


Hablamos Español

Employment/Business Immigration

  • Petitions for nonimmigrant seasonal workers (H1B visas)
  • Petitions for nonimmigrant high skilled workers (H2B visas)
  • Nonimmigrant Intracompany transferees (L-visas)
  • Permanent Worker Visas
  • EB-1: Extraordinary ability in arts, sciences, education business, or athletics; outstanding professors or researchers; and multinational executives and managers;
  • EB-2: Professionals holding advanced degrees or persons with exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, or business;
  • EB-3: Non-seasonal “skilled workers” whose jobs requires a minimum 2 years training or work experience; “Professionals” whose jobs require at least a U.S. baccalaureate degree or foreign equivalent, and are a member of the professions;
  • EB-4: “Special Immigrants” which include certain religious workers, employees of U.S. foreign service posts, retired employees of international organizations, alien minors who are wards of courts in the U.S.;
  • EB-5: Business investors who invest $1 million or $500,000 (if investment is made in a targeted employment area) in a new commercial enterprise that creates and employees at least 10 full-time U.S. workers.
  • I-9 Compliance
  • Annual or semi-annual audit of company I-9 forms to ensure proper completion and retention of records, identify errors on individual forms for correction, identify company deficits in maintaining consistent verification procedures, and reduce or eliminate a company’s exposure to possible criminal/civil liability from ICE enforcement action;
  • Review I-9 forms of companies involved in Mergers and Acquisitions to resolve any potential liability to the acquiring company due to erroneous or negligent I-9 verification records/procedures maintained by the company being acquired;
  • Representation of companies undergoing an I-9 audit by ICE or facing criminal/civil litigation relevant to the company’s I-9 forms and hiring practices.


Immigration law is complex. Do not struggle alone with complicated state and federal immigration laws. At Ferguson Immigration Law, we are dedicated to providing immigration services and strategic solutions to individuals, families and businesses. We have helped thousands resolve their immigration law challenges.

Frequently Asked Questions

What types of visas are available if I want to come to the U.S. for a visit or temporary stay?

If you wish to visit the U.S. temporarily or be granted entry for a very specific period of time, you will need a non-immigrant visa. Some common types are: student visas, business investor visas, or a travel visa.

How long will my green card remain valid?

Permanent residency, obtained through a green card, allows a foreign national to live and work in the U.S. on a potentially indefinite basis. When a green card is first issued, it is often a temporary green card, valid for two years. After the first two years, providing you have not been convicted of any criminal activity and have maintained your eligibility status, you can apply for a permanent residence visa which is valid for ten years.

What type of visa should I get if I want to become a U.S. Permanent Resident?

Depending on your current immigration status or situation, there are many visas available to foreign nationals wishing to permanently immigrate to the U.S. such as: a fiancée visa, family visa, work visa, and more.

What is an Adjustment of Status?

An adjustment of status is the process of changing your status from non-immigration to immigrant. If you arrived on a non-immigrant visa, this means you intended to stay temporarily and meant to return to your home country. If you apply for an adjustment of status and your application is approved, you will be issued a green card and given lawful permanent residence in the U.S.

My visa has expired, what can I do?

If your visa has expired, the first thing you need to do is contact an attorney from our firm. We will consult with you, review your current status and situation, and help you to determine the best course of action to pursue. Time is of the essence when it comes to expired visa, so do not delay in contacting an immigration attorney at Ferguson Immigration Law.

I have received a deportation order, is there anything I can do to avoid being deported?

If you receive a deportation order or notification, the first thing you should do is contact an immigration attorney at our firm, who will work closely with you to build your deportation defense. You should have an immigration attorney who understands and is skilled in all aspects of immigration law.

Ferguson Immigration Law © All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy

Site Created by KC Web Specialists, LLC